Sunday, October 17, 2010

Reckless Abandon

it is almost that time again, when the last leaf is about to fall
at the last gasp of the wind of change, once again, i'll be on my own.
i will be staring at the lonesome moon, begging for the healing rain
for my soul is like the barren land, adorned with scars from all the pain
maybe it is time for the obscured tears to quench this parched soul of mine
for i fear that this would not be mended even by the passing time.
i am afraid that my frail and forgotten heart will never beat again.
for in this world, no value is given to someone who is mundane.
i now question the former decision to leave the place i called home
the chrysalis shrouded in darkness and filled with deafening silence
for inside that shell that to others seemed like a dismal cold prison
is a sanctuary, a haven for a childish man wrought in sorrow
in isolation i found safety, in aloofness my sanctuary
i was free to be myself behind the masks of anonymity
but this is not my realm, and now i must face the harsh reality.
now i am standing. trembling at the thought of what's to happen
for in this apathetic world, what is the value of my existence
i think this is the right time for this phoenix to take his final flight
for the last time take to heavens and brighten this dark starless night.
this adamant shell of mine will be cast to the conflagrating pyre
and no amount of your tears could inundate my sacrificial fire.
from the ashes will rise an empty vessel devoid of emotions
where i will hide myself for no longer would i heed this world's summons

No comments: